Updated: Mar 31
NEPN/NSBA Code: IJND-R
SCHOOL SYSTEM WEBSITE/ WEB PAGES ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE
A. Website Purpose
The purpose of M.S.A.D. #60's official Website is to provide general information about our school system as well as information about educational programs, extracurricular activities and school events. This Website is intended to support the educational mission of the schools, to enhance the curriculum and learning opportunities for students and staff, and to inform the larger community about our schools.
B. Website Structure
The Website includes the following content areas:
1. System-wide information (such as Central Office, Technology, Transportation, Facilities, Food Service);
2. School Board information (such as members, officers, committees, meeting agendas, minutes and policies);
3. School-wide information for each school;
4. Individual department, grade level and/or classroom information (which may include student work and/or teacher-created work and resources);
5. Information about school-sponsored extracurricular organizations;
6. Information about school events and activities; and
7. Contact information for School Board members and school staff.
C. School Unit Authority and Webmaster Responsibilities
M.S.A.D. #60 reserves the right to approve all Website content and to edit, delete, or modify any web page content as it sees fit to comply with the intended purposes of the Website and these guidelines.
The Superintendent shall designate a Webmaster, who is responsible for maintaining the Website, approving all material to be posted on the site, and monitoring all Website activities for compliance with Board policies, applicable laws and regulations, and these guidelines.
D. Website Content
1. M.S.A.D. #60's Website does not create, nor is it intended to create, a public or limited public forum. All materials placed on the Website must serve the educational mission of the school.
2. Website content is limited to school-sponsored information and activities. No personal student or staff web pages, blogs or other interactive features are permitted on the Website.
3. Web page content must comply with Board policies, administrative procedures and school rules.
4. All materials placed on the Website must meet academic standards for proper spelling, grammar, content, accuracy and appearance.
If the Webmaster is unsure whether particular material is appropriate for the Website, he/she shall consult with the Superintendent, whose decision shall be final.
E. Confidentiality of Student Information.
1. The Website shall be in compliance with all applicable state and federal confidentiality laws and regulations.
2. At no time shall personal information about students (such as home address, telephone number, e-mail address, birth date, social security number, etc.) or any other information made confidential by state or federal law appear on the Website. The Website will not include any information that indicates the physical location of students at any given time, other than attendance at a particular school or participation in school activities.
3. Student information and photographs may only be published on the Website if the student's parent/guardian has signed the Student Publication / Media Permission Form. For purposes of these guidelines, student information includes name, class rosters, awards/honors received, and team/extracurricular activity participation lists. The Student Publication / Media Permission Form will stay on record for the duration of the students’ tenure in MSAD #60. Parents wishing to update their forms may contact their student’s school and request a change.
F. Confidentiality of Staff Information
1. At no time shall personal information about staff appear on the Website (including home address, home telephone number, home e-mail address, birth date, social security number, etc.)
2. Because the school unit's Website is maintained in part to enhance communication with students and their families, the school e-mail addresses and/or telephone numbers of staff are published on the Website.
1. Appropriate permission will be obtained before any copyrighted or trademarked material is used on the Website. No copyrighted material may be reproduced, transmitted or stored on M.S.A.D. #60's Website without obtaining permission from the copyright owner.
2. Students shall retain the copyright on materials that they create.
3. An appropriate copyright notice will appear with all copyrighted material published on the Website.
4. Except for the above exceptions, all web pages and content on the Website are the property of and owned by M.S.A.D. #60.
H. Website Design and Accessibility
The Webmaster is authorized to develop standards for the design and appearance of M.S.A.D. #60's Website. These standards will include measures to make web pages accessible to persons with disabilities. School unit information available on the Website will also be made available to the public in alternative ways upon request.
The M.S.A.D. #60's Website will not include any advertising, nor will it include any selling activities outside of publicity for school-sponsored and/or approved fundraising activities.
J. Links to External Sites
1. The M.S.A.D. #60 Website will not include links to any personal Websites of students or staff.
2. The Website may include links only to Websites that have demonstrated educational value to students, staff and/or the community, as deemed appropriate by the Webmaster.
3. The Website shall include a disclaimer informing users that links are provided as a convenience, and that M.S.A.D. #60 does not endorse these sites or have any responsibility for the content of these sites.
K. Additional Requirements
1. The Website shall inform users about how to contact the Webmaster.
2. The Webmaster will provide information to school users regarding technical requirements for publishing material on the Website.
Cross Reference: IJND MSAD #60 Website
Adopted: May 15, 2008
Revised: December 6, 2012, November 16, 2017
Student Publication / Media Permission
Student’s Full Name: __________________________________________________
I give permission for individual and/or group photographs or video footage including my son/daughter to be published on MSAD #60’s Websites during his/her enrollment in MSAD #60.
____ YES ____ NO
I give permission for my son/daughter’s name to be included with school articles, photographs, student writing, or video footage published on MSAD #60’s Websites.
____ YES ____ NO
Parent / Guardian Signature: ____________________________ Date: _______________